Monday, August 25, 2008

...sniff...sniff....

It's finally here...the first day of school. We dropped off Jake (2nd grade) and Paige (Kinder) this morning. Jake was excited to see his friends and was completely fine. Paige was really quiet as we were waiting in the cafeteria. When we got to the classroom she did great putting up her lunch box and backpack. She even gave her teacher the cute little desk calendar I made (see image below) and posed for pictures. Then as we were getting ready to leave she started crying and kept asking me to stay a little big longer. I started getting teary-eyed too so wasn't much help consoling her. I think she'll be fine once the class gets started. Plus she'll get to see one of her good friends at recess so they will be good too.


I wasn't like this with Jake, but I guess it's different when it's your baby! I wasn't the only red-eyed mom this morning! Now I'm sitting at home trying to figure out what to do with my day! Lots of things on my list, but I've just been taking it easy so far this morning chatting on the phone and downloading pictures.




Here are a few from this morning -






Click image for credits

3 comments:

Susan Catmull said...

Wow Julie, Awesome desk calendar. My kids started last week and I'm still trying to get use to the quiet.

Jan said...

I hope they had a great day!!!

By the way, I tagged ya!! : )

ashli kay wolf said...

hey julie...the pictures are SOO cute..ahh..paigey...so sweet in kinder! and your little man..so big! that calendar ROCKS sista! awesome job! love ya!